Policy determines basic principles of functioning of the Basic coordination Centre of Ukrainian national grid (farther the Basic coordination Centre - BCC) his structure , order of cooperating with the component elements of Ukrainian national grid (farther - UNG).
A basic coordination centre provides a management and co-ordination of works from support of functioning of national grid - infrastructure, resource centres (grid – site) for the grant of services to the users (high-performance distributed computing, access to distributed database, access to software), and also coordinates on technological and operating level the work of grid – sites and all UNG grid - infrastructures with the requirements of the European and international grid - infrastructure.
The basic tasks of BCC are:
- development and embodiment of strategy of development of UNG,
- development of structure of management of UNG;
- development of procedures of management a grid – infrastructure such as:
- functioning of operating centre,
- co-operating with the center of delivery of certificates,
- functioning of network and co-operating is with a network provider,
- functioning of base and auxiliary grid - services,
- support of grid users, support of resource centers and grid -sites;
- support of functioning of servers and services of grid – services which are provide to the robot of operating center and root services of grid - infrastructure;
- realization of monitoring of resources of grid - infrastructure, account of the use of grid – resources of the general use and registration of grid-sites;
- realization of management a national grid - infrastructure;
- realization of delivery, support and verification of users certificates, knots and services of grid - sites;
- development and introduction of educational materials of application of grid- technologies and studies of grid users;
- advertising of achievements of application of grid technology and its use is for the decision of important scientific and applied tasks in all spheres of life.