Fundamental and applied tasks to be solved in UAG
First of all, we consider the NASU grid infrastructure both as a supporting equipment for solving the fundamental and applied problems and as a ground wherein the grid technology methods are proved in accomplishment of various tasks. These methods could and should be used then in the national grid infrastructure whose the function is far wider than the research data computing. Nevertheless, below it is an appropriate list of the scientific areas where new UAG facilities have been already used.
High energy physics
LHC (CERN) experimental data processing, their analysis and comparison to the theoretical results and phenomenological models aiming the full scale participation of the Ukrainian institutes in the ALICE experiments (BITP, KNU, IC, KIPT, ISMA, NTU KPI) and CMS ones (KIPT).
Astrophysics and astronomy
• Dynamical computing of an evolution of the star concentration in the Galaxy external field. The hydrodynamic modeling of collision and fragmentation of the molecular clouds. Analysis of N-body algorithm and parallel computing on the GRAPE clusters. Cooperation with AstroGrid-D (MAO).
• Theoretical analysis and the observation processing of primary, roentgen and gamma radiation data which are obtained from the satellite telescopes INTEGRAL, SWIFT and others (BITP, KNU, MAO).
• Creation and formation of VIRGO – VIRtual Gamma and Roentgen Observatory (BITP, KNU).
• Development of nuclei activity models of Galaxy and star concentrations.
Testing the dark matter and dark energy models. Collaboration with Lausanne and Geneva universities (BITP, GAO).
Biophysics and biology
• Computing of thermodynamic characteristics, infrared and electron spectra of sputter DNA fragments. Study of bionanohybrid system structures composed by DNA and RNA of different sequence (ILTPE, IC).
• Molecular dynamic computing of Fts-Z-protein systems with the lowmolecular associations (ICBGE).
• Computer simulation of the spatial structure and molecular dynamics of cytokine-tyrosine-RNA synthetase (IMBG).
• Computing of nanostructure oxides which seem to be perspective hightemperature superconductors, as well as physical characteristics of the DNA fragment with transition metal ions which could be good nano-conductors.
• Computing of structures and interaction energy of bio-nano-hybrids on basis of the single-shell carbon nano-tubes with the various bio-objects (ILTPE, IMP, IC).
• Weather forecast parameters on the Ukrainian terrain based on the computer simulation and satellite data. Estimate of biodiversity as ecologic parameter on Ukrainian terrain (ISR, IC).
• Development of GEO-UA information infrastructure (ISR).