November 26, 2015, International Conference "EU program" Horizon 2020, training for national and regional contact points" took place. The conference was organized by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine jointly with the National Contact Point Programme "Horizon 2020" at the Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University. In the conference, vice-chairman of Young Scientists Council of NAS of Ukraine and member of the expert team "ERA of Ukraine" Yulia Bezvershenko took part with presentation "ERA priorities and Horizon 2020: New Start for Ukraine”
Yulia Bezvershenko offered prime steps for implementation of the aim.
“New start: what do we need to start with?
To change the system of evaluation
• Inclusion of international experts into the review panels.
• Usage of the core principles for international peer review.
To integrate & use research
• Legalization of research infrastructure in Ukrainian legislation (1st step done).
• Roadmap of Ukrainian research infrastructures in accordance with ESFRI.
• Focus efforts on the research infrastructures concentrated around EGI, its resources and services.
To become a part of Digital ERA
• National Strategy of Open Science
• National strategy of Open Innovation
• National strategy of open and free access to publications and data for end-users.”
"To create a coordination structure for ERA in Ukraine
• Bilateral committee for the scientific and technical cooperation between Ukraine and EU.
• EU: DG Research, stakeholders of ERA - Science Europe, LERU, EUA, EARTO, CESAER, NordForsk; ESF, EIT, representatives of National research communities from MS-leaders (Germany, UK, France, Finland...) etc.
• UA: MES, Presidents Council of Academies of Sciences, Association of University Rectors,
representatives of scientific institutes of NASU, experts etc. + National Council of Science (Science
committee), National Research Fund (Science Council)
To prepare a draft of national ERA Roadmap for Ukraine
• Workshop in the nearest future!
–To support the exchange of experience with setting up national ERA action plan.
–To transfer skills of realization of priorities of ERA and participation in the European research infrastructures.
• The following structure of participants and the directions of such a meeting is proposed:"
More effective national research systems
Optimal transnational co-operation and competition (research infrastructures)
Optimal circulation, access to and transfer of scientific knowledge including via digital ERA. European Open Science Cloud: