The Basic Coordination Centre of Ukrainian National Grid has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Centre ( PSNC) on August 2013.
The agreement was signed by PSNC’s Technical director Dr. Maciej Stroiński (Poland) and Prof. A.Zagorodny, director of the Bogolyubov Institute for Theoretical Physics of NASU, Chief of the UNG Program(Ukraine).
The Parties recognise, by this MoU, the opening of a wider and longer-term cooperation in activities, which will bring visible benefits to everyone involved.
The parties contribute to enable the vision of providing European scientists and international collaboration for sustainable distributed computing services and networks to support their work. In this broad context, the specific goals of the collaborations are to:
- Exchange information related to long-term strategy, sustainability and business models
- Provide robust, well-designed, user-centric services to scientific user
- Accelerate the development of standards within production grid infrastructures communities
- Work towards a seamless integration into the EGI core infrastructure
- Disseminate the results of this collaboration within the remit of each project’s dissemination and communication activities such as joint events
- Exchange ideas and collaborate on the definition of sustainability models
- Develop and disseminate joint training material and events
- Increase awareness of the PSNC service offer within the BCC community, and of the BCC
- service offer within the PSNC and EGI community
- Enable BCC to obtain user requirements from the PSNC communities, and vice versa,
- PSNC to obtain user requirements from the BCC community
- Establish joint dissemination activities to increase awareness and promote the results of the collaboration
Pilot projects and plans of operations are defined. The memorandum in process of cooperation development will be added by other projects at the initiative of the sides.
Contact point of MOU – Svistunov Sergey
The technical coordinator – Belous Leonid